none
PowerPoint Slideshow shows only part of a slide RRS feed

• Question

• I have a weird problem with PowerPoint 2010:
    I use the following code to remove all animations from a slide. This is done during slideshow:
       for (int i = slide.TimeLine.InteractiveSequences.Count; i >= 1; i--)
                    {
                        Sequence sequence = slide.TimeLine.InteractiveSequences[i];
                        for (int x = sequence.Count; x >= 1; x--)
                        {
                            sequence[x].Delete();
                        }
                    }

for (int i = slide.TimeLine.MainSequence.Count; i >= 1; i--)
                    {                                        
                        slide.TimeLine.MainSequence[i].Delete();                    
                    }    
                }

In one slide, which has a Picture and a TextBox and both use the MainSequence animation, after the animations are removed, the Slide appears in the slideshow with only the text but not the picture. 
    In another slide, after animations are removed, the textbox and the picture are both shown, but are drawn only half down - it really looks as if somebody took a rubber and wiped the bottom parts out! Very weird.
    Redrawing the slides by using View.GotoSlide does not fix this. Adding an extra shape to the slides before/after removing the animations, does not help either.
    When I create PNG thumbnails of these weird slides, the thumbnails look fine and contain all the shapes.
    Any ideas?

Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can try to remove the animation from the slide using the property 'Animate' of shape object.

for example  code  C#:

foreach (PowerPoint.Shape shape in slide.Shapes)
    {
           shape.AnimationSettings.Animate = Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse;
    }

Regards,

Iso

• Edited by Iso7 Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:00 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Thanks Iso7. I tried what you suggest but unfortunately it has the same problem.

Here's an example screenshot. Notice the image on the right of the slide, which has its bottom half wiped off.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Hi Arie,

Thank you for posting.

Could you upload the sample files and your demo project on the skydrive: http://www.skydrive.com and share it with us? We will try to reproduce the scenario and give you the suggestions or workarounds.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Bruce Song Friday, November 4, 2011 5:45 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:45 AM
  • Thanks Bruce for the suggestion,

Unfortunately the code is part of a very large project ('Visualbee'), and it would be somewhat lengthy to create a small, demo project.

I uploaded the presentation here:

https://skydrive.live.com/#!/?cid=A768D5B856055C5C&id=A768D5B856055C5C%21109

You can use the code I posted in my first post to delete animations (while the presentation is in SlideShow mode) in PowerPoint 2010 (in 2007 this doesn't happen), and you'll see the phenomenon I described in slide #8, slide #6 and most others. Note that if you save the presentation and then load it, the slides will be ok. You have to look at them during slideShow to see the problems.

Monday, November 7, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Arie Livshin, I tested on my side with your file via console application, but I can't reproduce your problem when running the slide in the SlideShow mode. Below is the code which I have tested:

using PPT = Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint;
    using Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint;

namespace ConsoleAppRemoveAnimation
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                PPT.Application app = new PPT.Application();
                app.Visible = Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoCTrue;
                PPT.Presentation pres = app.Presentations.Open(@"D:\MyWorkingDocuments\PowerPointCases\ConsoleAppRemoveAnimation\ConsoleAppRemoveAnimation\visualbee.pptx");
                pres.SlideShowSettings.Run();
                foreach (PPT.Slide slide in pres.Slides)
                {
                    for (int i = slide.TimeLine.InteractiveSequences.Count; i >= 1; i--)
                    {
                        Sequence sequence = slide.TimeLine.InteractiveSequences[i];
                        for (int x = sequence.Count; x >= 1; x--)
                        {
                            sequence[x].Delete();
                        }
                    }

for (int i = slide.TimeLine.MainSequence.Count; i >= 1; i--)
                    {
                        slide.TimeLine.MainSequence[i].Delete();
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

You can try to run it on your side to see whether the problem happens. If the problem persists, please let me know the your reproducible steps list.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Bruce Song Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Arie Livshin, how about the problem on your side? Do the suggestions help you? If you still show any concern on the problem, just feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Friday, November 11, 2011 3:22 AM
  • Yes, the problem persists.

Arie 

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:47 PM
  • Arie, it is strange on your side.

>>You have to look at them during slideShow to see the problems.

Actually, I run the slide in the slide show mode and then remove the sequences, you can see the code snippet I have used. As a result, they all show well on my side, please see the slide 8#:

Powerpoint 2010 32bit, and the version is 14.0.6106.5005. Can you tell me whether there exists some difference between us when reproducing? I am looking forward to your reply. Good day.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

• Edited by Bruce Song Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:13 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:12 AM