none
Sample quickstart code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am very new to this, and want to start exploring how to use these protocols.  I ran through the PDF documents at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120223 but what I am looking for is some quickstart code...

I know the documentation will be very helpful from the point of view of details and design, but for a start I am really looking for some code samples, or "quickie" code.

Ok, I am not looking for SQL Server protocols in particular, but for that matter any "quickstart" code for any of these Microsoft open protocols, which will give me a headstart!!

Can someone please point me in that direction?

Thanks a lot!!
    Advait Supnekar
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:51 AM

Answers

• It looks like you may already have the link to the SQL Server Open Spec protocols. Just in case this is the top level download page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678150(SQL.90).aspx

If you find that you have any specific questions, need clarification or run into any issue where you feel the document is incorrect please let us known and we will be glad to assist you on this forum.

Steve Smegner
    Application Development Consulting Group
    Friday, November 7, 2008 9:15 AM

All replies

•  

Advait,

Thanks for your post.  We will review your question and get back to your shortly. Thanks!

Richard Guthrie
    Open Protocols Team

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:30 PM
  • Thank you Richard.

Regards,
    Advait
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:22 AM
  •  
    Advait,
    Other than the content published in the Open Specification documents there is no “quickstart” or sample code. The way I read your post it is not clear which protocols you are interested in. Is there a specific protocol you are interested in working with?

Steve Smegner

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:37 AM
  • Hello Steve

Thanks for your response.  I basically have to look at most of the protocols and see whether they can be useful in our existing applications for things such as performance enhancement, or any additional functionality.

If we had some sample code, then it would have been a lot simpler to create a POC or test harness which would ease my work.

As far as the specifics of protocols are concerned, one of our applications uses SQL server, so I thought this protocol can be a good start.

Thanks again.
    Advait
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:21 AM
  • It looks like you may already have the link to the SQL Server Open Spec protocols. Just in case this is the top level download page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678150(SQL.90).aspx

If you find that you have any specific questions, need clarification or run into any issue where you feel the document is incorrect please let us known and we will be glad to assist you on this forum.

Steve Smegner
    Friday, November 7, 2008 9:15 AM