none
Change the Sender of an Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

i have an EWS Question. Im creating a Script that forwards E-Mails. Is it possible to change the Sender of an Forwarded E-Mail ? 

When im forwarding an E-Mail im using the Account which got all the Rights to perform those EWS Steps. So the forwarded E-Mail got as Sender the Account "service@test.com". I need to change that into the Original Sender of that E-Mail. 

The Customer needs this because his Employees would otherwise always answer to the Service Account im forwarding the E-Mail with. 

I know that the E-Mail Message Class got the Propertys from and sender (which are the same?!) . If its not possible to change the Sender before forwarding the Mail, would it be possible to change the Sender of that forwarded E-Mail afterwards?

Greetings 

Ingo

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi there again, 

i found an answer. Im now using the .Copy() Method instead of the .Forward Method. 

I just didnt know that it is possible to Copy a Mail from Inbox A to Inbox B. 

Greetings 

Ingo

• Marked as answer by Ingo D. HH Monday, August 31, 2015 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:20 PM

All replies

• You would either want to grant your service account delegate access to the original sender's mailbox, then send on behalf of the original sender, (which would show up in the recipient's mailbox as "Sent by Service on behalf of Original"), or configure impersonation rights for the service account and just send it from the original sender.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:07 PM
  • Sorry i didnt explained properly. The original Sender are extern E-Mail Accounts where i dont have access to. So someone outside their company sends an E-Mail to my Customers Company and im forwarding that E-Mail.

Maybe you know whether its possible to just copy (via the copy method of ews email message class)

an E-Mail from Inbox A to Inbox B? That would maybe keep the Original Sender of the E-Mail as it is. 

Maybe another way could be to change the sender of the forwarded mail in inbox b via property sender/from from Email message class.

sorry for my bad english, i hope you get the point :D 

Greetings

Ingo

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi there again, 

i found an answer. Im now using the .Copy() Method instead of the .Forward Method. 

I just didnt know that it is possible to Copy a Mail from Inbox A to Inbox B. 

Greetings 

Ingo

• Marked as answer by Ingo D. HH Monday, August 31, 2015 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:20 PM