Ajax FileUpload Control and OnUploadComplete RRS feed

• Question

• User365896223 posted

I Have a very simple problem but i am thinking how no body has ever faced this problem, what i want to do is ,

In AjaxFileUpload Control 

either

1. If i can call OnUploadComplete Event from some other button say "Submit" button which is present seperatly from the control.

Or

2. How can i do all functionality from that Submit button that right now is working from given Upload button.

Please help if you have already attempted this thing

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:45 AM

All replies

• User365896223 posted

Thanks Chetan for your quick interest

but My AjaxUploadFile doesn't have any problem what i want is to call OnUploadComplete event from some other button click so that inspite of uploading the files from the given Upload button i can save the files from some other button which is present outside of the control..

Any Suggestion to do this. ??

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:02 PM
  • User365896223 posted

does anyone has not used this control before ???

because i m not able to get/set the updated values of other controls too from onUploadComplete  EVent. 

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:11 AM
  • User-276842610 posted

Hi sam,

base on my knowledge, due to security reasons, it's entirely possible that submit button can not fire Ajax FileUpload's onUploadComplete  event.

thanks.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:01 PM
  • User365896223 posted

Thanks for your interest ..

But i have one question then how we can simultaneoulsy store the data in DB and upload the files on File server because inside OnUploadComplete Event we are not able to access the updated values of controls and hiddenfields & viewstate also coming empty.??

if anyone have anyidea about this please do reply..

Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:06 AM