Package fails from SSIS catalog succeeds in job RRS feed

• Question

• When executing a package from the SSIS catalog, either by right clicking the job and choosing to execute or executing using the [SSISDB].[catalog].[start_execution] stored procedure, the package fails.  It is accessing a network share on a different server and the error message is that access was denied.  The user who executes the package has permission to the network share as does the SSISS account.

When the same package is scheduled in a job or execute from Visual Studio it succeeds, the sql agent is also given permissions. 

Access to the share has been given to:

1. All users who execute the package

2. SQL Server agent

3. SSIS account

4. The database engine

When execute in a SQL agent job or Visual Studio the package executes successfully, but fails when executed from within the SSIS catalog or stored procedure.  The SSIS catalog is on a named instance of SQL. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Dye My Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:36 PM

Answers

• Thanks Arthur.  all accounts are domain based.  I should have checked this before, but found that the the failure is occurring because the account that is attempting access is "Anonymous Logon", which leads me to believe that this is a double-hop issue.

David Dye My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Eric__Zhang Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Monday, May 16, 2016 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Still needs a domain account based proxy for the SSIS step.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Thanks Arthur.  all accounts are domain based.  I should have checked this before, but found that the the failure is occurring because the account that is attempting access is "Anonymous Logon", which leads me to believe that this is a double-hop issue.

David Dye My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Eric__Zhang Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Monday, May 16, 2016 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:58 PM
  • Yes - "Anonymous Logon" is not allowed

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:31 PM