Create Unit Testing not appears in VB.NET (.NET Framework/ VS Comm. & Enterprise) RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a few days ago VS Community and Enterprise in various PCs at home. The issue I am having is that the Button "Create Unit Test" don`t appear. I've installed the Test Core features in VS Installer and projects are .NET Framework 4.6.

This happens only with VB.NET projects. C# projects working correctly.

In Community only appears run Test and debug Test. In Enterprise the same, no  create Intellitest, no Create Unit Test....

I know there was a issue about this at the start of VS2017, which should have been fixed, but since I have tried EVERYTHING, I decide to ask here, to see if I get some help, because it's a big deal to have to create the tests manually, when you have a lot to create.

I hope I can get some advice here and thank you in advance.

Regards,

RG

Monday, July 24, 2017 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi RG,

Thanks for your asking.

The Create unit test menu command only support C# code that targets the .NET Framework:

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/test/create-unit-tests-menu

Hope above could answer your questions.

Best regards

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:31 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, August 4, 2017 8:50 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, August 4, 2017 8:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rafael GD Sunday, September 17, 2017 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi RG,

Thanks for your asking.

Unfortunately, Visual Studio 2017 still does not enable Intellitest to support VB.NET  yet, and many people has voted the user voice to ask MS to add this functionality to VS IDE in the future:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/6825493-enable-intellitest-to-generate-tests-for-vb-net-pr?page=1&per_page=20

You may also go there to vote it and give a comment.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Thank you for you quick reply.

What´s about normal Unit Test under the option Right Click-->Create Unit Test?

Are they not support fpr VB.NET as well?

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:14 PM
  • Hi RG,

Thanks for your asking.

The Create unit test menu command only support C# code that targets the .NET Framework:

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/test/create-unit-tests-menu

Hope above could answer your questions.

Best regards

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:31 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, August 4, 2017 8:50 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, August 4, 2017 8:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rafael GD Sunday, September 17, 2017 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Hi Rafael,

If my reply could help resolve your issue or doubts, please help us to mark it as answer.

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Have a nice day:)

Best regards,

Fletcher  

MSDN Community Support

Monday, July 31, 2017 8:48 AM
  • Hi RG,

Like Fletch's suggestion, VB would no support it now.

You could submit a feature request here:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide

Or like general test, just create it manually.

If any reply was helpful for you, you could mark it as the answer.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 9:29 AM