none
Using the viewName parameter for my custom SSRS Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a SSRS report which brings back project site data. You basically select the project name from the parameter, and it brings all the site list data back.

I have used the viewName parameter for each Project Site/Workspace list I want to report on (within the dataset), and populated it with the relevant view GUID.

When generating the report, it works great! But.... only for one project - which is the project I got the GUIDS from.

From this, I now see that each time I publish a new project site (based on the same site template), a new GUID is generated for each view/list.

I don't know how to make the GUID stay the same for each site, or configure the report to get around this. I tried using the name of the view, but no joy.

Hopefully this makes sence - new to this.

Rob Hardy
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have gone against using the viewName parameter against the datasets. Instead we have reduced what we have on the highlight report, and referred to the default columns. This works now.

Thanks

Rob Hardy
    • Marked as answer by EPM Tester Friday, November 18, 2011 5:15 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 5:15 PM

All replies

• first things first, are you going against the content DB to get this data or the reporting database? What site info are you pulling? Issues\Risks\Deliverables or other data?

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Hi Brian

The report I am using is using the reporting database.

I am pulling a few custom lists, and also the default ones such as risks, issues and deliverables.

Rob Hardy
    • Edited by EPM Tester Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:58 PM
  • Hi

Can any one offer any further advice?

The only way at the moment is to remove the viewName parameter from each dataset. This means it uses the default view set in the list, however some cells appear blank. The only way round this is too add the columns into the view then the report works. If the columns in the view they do not appear. Apparantly this is normal behaviour, and thus I want a big bulk view in the background with every (if not most) columns added)

Rob Hardy
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:07 AM
  • Im not sure what you mean when you are talking about 'views.'
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Friday, November 18, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

I have gone against using the viewName parameter against the datasets. Instead we have reduced what we have on the highlight report, and referred to the default columns. This works now.

Thanks

Rob Hardy
    • Marked as answer by EPM Tester Friday, November 18, 2011 5:15 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 5:15 PM