Controller cannot connect Lab Agent after swithing IE ESC OFF! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!

Can anybody help me with strange problem:

In my 2012 Lab I have configured Standard Environment with one Windows Server 2008R2+SP1+IIS Role+All updates

This environment was configured to run UI tests. Agent was online.

But when I switched Off (!) IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Users and Administrators, Lab Agent lost connection to TFS.

I tried to switch IE ESC back to "On" position, tried to reinstall Agents, tried to add incoming Custom Firewall rule (Allow All) - this Agent still disconnected.

"The agent can connect to the controller but the controller cannot connect to the agent because of folliwing reason: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Make sure that the firewall on the test agent machine is not blocking the connection".

What have changed, when I switched off IE ESC?

Thank you!

Alek Yakovlev

• Edited by Alek Yakovlev Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:06 PM fix grammar
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Alek,

In my opinion your issue is not related to the IE ESC setting. Please try correcting your issue by restarting Test Controller and Test Agent services: in Services, find the Visual Studio Test Controller and Agent services->click Restart.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:57 AM
  • Hi!

So, this issue related to swithing IE ESC directly. Test Agent was working properly, but disconnected immediatly after swithcing IE ESC.

I tried to restart TFS with Test Controller  and agent - no result. Agent disconnected=(

Alek Yakovlev

Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:21 PM
  • Hi Alek,

How about do a restart of your machine? I still can't reproduce your issue on my side.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:18 AM
  • Hi All!

Restarting tfs and test machine didn't help.

I have installed new server (2008r2sp1) wihout iis, added to LabEnvironment and it works.

Swithing IE ESC to OFF didn't affect lab agent at all. So, now I can't reproduce problem on other server. May be it mater not to have IIS when you install lab agent. Or it can depend from some updates.

I will check other options later.

Alek Yakovlev

Friday, November 23, 2012 9:31 AM