Inquiry about CDN RRS feed

• Question

• I already deployed a static website on Azure, & I've set a new endpoint in Azure CDN, location japan, new URLs were generated with the domain azureedge.net. I diagnosed the load time and latency, it is faster when using the new CDN endpoint URL.

Now my question is

What code should I write to handle routing? or is it automatically handled? example, I have published my website in EastUS data center with a certain URL "X", I want to optimize the content load in Japan, so I created an endpoint in Japan. when I load my website from a client browser in Japan, should I (as a developer) do some code handling to let all the static content (images, js files, css files) be loaded from the endpoint URL "Y" instead of URL "X"? or is this automatically done?

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Can you clarify the below questions?

You have your origin in East US and you have an endpoint in Japan. Is my understanding correct?

How many endpoints do you have configured in Azure CDN?

Do you have custom domain to Azure CDN?

If yes, custom domain should point to Azure CDN only not to the web servers directly. 

Regards, 

Msrini

• Marked as answer by SamerAzar Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:12 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Can you clarify the below questions?

You have your origin in East US and you have an endpoint in Japan. Is my understanding correct?

How many endpoints do you have configured in Azure CDN?

Do you have custom domain to Azure CDN?

If yes, custom domain should point to Azure CDN only not to the web servers directly. 

Regards, 

Msrini

• Marked as answer by SamerAzar Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:12 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Can you please help in the steps done to achieve this? I mean I have a website that is hosted in US, if I use CDN, will this mean I need to re-configure the URL of all my content (example: route www.myWebsite.windows.net/images/123.jpg to www.myWebsite.azureedge.net/images/123.jpg)

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hi, 

You only need to create a CNAME of your custom domain to Azure CDN's FQDN. When someone access the site with any query, it will be routed to the server with the query and you don't need to do anything manually here. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:22 AM
  • Msrini thanks a lot

If I have another question.

If I have multiple users scattered around the world, example: in Japan, In Brazil and in UK

should I be configuring three endpoints? (each endpoint is the nearest to the countries stated above)

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:39 AM
  • Only one endpoint is enough. Azure CDN has POP servers all around the world to serve the content faster. 

If the above response helped, please mark it as answered to help other community members. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:07 AM