Insert and Get without Orchestration RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello All,

I am working in project where having different screens in Dotnet.

Every screen have Get and Insert operation in it.

I want to develop this functionaly in Biztalk and mapping will be one to one.

Can i do this without Orchestation ?

Flow is as follows :

Controler (DotNet) -> BizTalk -> DataAcess layer(Dotnet code).

here DataAcess layer(Dotnet code) is service and biztalk will consume this service and will expose biztalk artifact as service too

DotNet controler will consume Biztalk hosted service.

Thanks,

Nitin

Thanks and Regards, Nitin.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Nitin,

Definitely you can achieve this without orchestration, refer below mentioned articles they talk about calling webservices in messaging only scenario.

You can also try using two way send port with WCF-BasicHTTP adapter.

Let us know if you face any issue.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560545.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/amantaras/archive/2010/03/03/consuming-a-web-service-in-a-non-orchestration-scenario.aspx

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:29 AM
  • Indeed this is possible. 
    However, I won't use BizTalk just insert and retrieve data from SQL Server to .NET screens. Hope you are doing more than this.

Please mark it as Answer if this answers your question
    Thanks.
    Mo
    The contents I write here is my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.

Friday, November 14, 2014 4:05 AM
  • Thanks Prashant...

I want to implement it using REST Service (WCF-WebHTTP) protocall.

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:07 AM
  • Mohan I know that we should not so only insert and retrieve using BizTalk, and I am implementing other features too.

But there are few screens which are pretty simple and needs to do basic Insert and retrieve data on them.

It would be great if you can suggest or point me to any articles apart from shared by Prashant

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Hi Nitin,

If you are using BizTalk 2013 or 2013 R2 calling REST web-service is extremely easy using WCF-WebHTTP Adapter.

Please refer the below link.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rajeshr/archive/2013/07/24/biztalk-server-2013-you-can-now-connect-to-every-rest-service-out-there-more-easily-out-of-the-box.aspx

In case you are having older BizTalk version please refer below article and in this case you may have to use orchestration.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2474.invoke-restful-web-services-with-biztalk-server-2010.aspx

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Friday, November 14, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi Nitin,

This great article from Saravana Kumar can help you alot while implementing your solution.

REST (WCF-WebHttp) adapter in BizTalk Server

Go for it.

Regards,

Rachit

Friday, November 14, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Can i ask you one question , why you want to do this if no business flow is required with the service.

Biz talk add message persistance and add bit of extra time during your transaction so time taken will be like this.

Total time=.DataAcess layer(Dotnet code) + BizTalk  +network 

BizTalk is not meant to do only web service call ,it can easy been done with WCF rest wrapper .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:53 PM
  • I agree with guys on this question: Is there a clear reason to use BizTalk? What exactly wrong with existed solution?

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP]

Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:51 AM