none
CryptographicException RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am using a 3rd Party Licensing component for the protection of my software. In that whenver i am trying to create a Key for signing the License created by the Component i get an exception from the component IDE. On reporting this to the the company providing the comopent, they said that its to do with either the windows version am using or the .Net Framework. Belows is the XML of the Error. Can anyone please tell me what exactly can be the problem?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <Exceptions version="2">
    - <Exception type="System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException" id="14e5133cfc1244a3bb55eff860a764ee">
      <Message>Invalid flags specified.</Message>
      <Data />
      <TargetSite>Void ThrowCryptogaphicException(Int32)</TargetSite>
      <StackTrace>at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptogaphicException(Int32 hr) at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._GenerateKey(SafeProvHandle hProv, Int32 algid, CspProviderFlags flags, Int32 keySize, SafeKeyHandle& hKey) at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle) at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair() at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider..ctor(Int32 dwKeySize, CspParameters parameters, Boolean useDefaultKeySize) at DeployLX.Licensing.Management.v3.LicenseKey.a(Int32 b) at DeployLX.Licensing.Management.v3.LicenseKey.CreateKey(Int32 licenseBits, String[] deployLxSerialNumbers) at DeployLX.Licensing.DlxAddIn.v3.KeyManager.CreateNewKeys(String path, Int32 keySize, Boolean promptForBackup) at DeployLX.Licensing.DlxAddIn.v3.NewKeysForm._ok_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)</StackTrace>
      <Source>mscorlib</Source>
    - <AdditionalInformation>
      <Item key="Process.ClrVersion" value="2.0.50727.1433" />
      <Item key="Process.MachineName" value="HEMESH" />
      <Item key="Process.TimeStamp" value="2008-05-05T11:01:00" />
      <Item key="Process.Assembly" value="DeployLX, Version=3.1.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
      <Item key="Process.AppDomain" value="DeployLX.exe" />
      <Item key="Process.ThreadIdentity" value="" />
      <Item key="Process.WindowsIdentity" value="HEMESH\hsoni" />
      <Item key="Process.Culture" value="en-US / en-US" />
      <Item key="Process.Encoding" value="Western European (Windows)" />
      <Item key="OS.Platform" value="Win32NT" />
      <Item key="OS.Version" value="5.0.2195.262144" />
      <Item key="OS.ServicePack" value="Service Pack 4" />
      <Item key="DeployLX Version" value="3.1 R 17256" />
      </AdditionalInformation>
      </Exception>
      </Exceptions>