The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
How to migrate a registered app from personal account to subscribed directory RRS feed

• Question

• I needed to start an Azure subscription so that I could get technical support, which resulted in an unexpected outcome: the application I had registered prior to subscribing is now listed under "Applications from personal account" and there appears to be no way to move it into the directory created by subscribing to Azure. How do I transfer the registered app from the "personal" account into this directory?
    Friday, September 6, 2019 3:07 PM

Answers

• I needed to start an Azure subscription so that I could get technical support, which resulted in an unexpected outcome: the application I had registered prior to subscribing is now listed under "Applications from personal account" and there appears to be no way to move it into the directory created by subscribing to Azure. How do I transfer the registered app from the "personal" account into this directory?

As I understand, that after creating the Azure Subscription there was a different tenant created and hence you can not see the application in the new tenant.

Moving the app registration to the new tenant is not a possibility. What I would rather suggest you to do is that you look into associating the Subscription to the previous tenant that has the application registered.

Follow this document to see how you can do the same - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/updates/edit-directory-now-in-new-portal/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam, can you please verify if you are using Azure Active Directory Apps or Azure Web Apps? Both are separateproducts and I want to ensure we place your question in the right section and align you with the right expert.

We look forward to your reply.

Friday, September 6, 2019 5:33 PM
  • Honestly I don't know the difference. In the Azure portal there's just a thing called "App Registrations". I can get to it directly in the portal, but it looks like I can also get to it via Azure Active Directory > App Registrations. I'm just using it for OAuth on my websiite, if that helps at all...

Friday, September 6, 2019 7:40 PM
  • Okay, yes that is related to Azure Active Directory (AAD). We have moved your question to the appropriate section so AAD experts can continue assisting you.
    Friday, September 6, 2019 9:48 PM
  • Thanks!
    Friday, September 6, 2019 10:19 PM

As I understand, that after creating the Azure Subscription there was a different tenant created and hence you can not see the application in the new tenant.

Moving the app registration to the new tenant is not a possibility. What I would rather suggest you to do is that you look into associating the Subscription to the previous tenant that has the application registered.

Follow this document to see how you can do the same - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/updates/edit-directory-now-in-new-portal/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:10 AM
  • I just created a new app under the new tenant, since that was an easy enough thing to do.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:38 PM