none
how can you avoid becoming the status manager if you need to make changes.

Question

• Hi,

i am a project Support Officer, and I often need to make changes to several Schedules within Project.

Every time i make changes to the project Schedule, i become the status manager, because i am needing to publish the changes.

Is there anyway we can lock down the status manager somewhere to be the Project Manager, but others still have the ability to make changes?

Monday, March 20, 2017 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You just need to remember to insert the Status Manager column and set it to the correct user before you publish the project or add Status Manager to a view so it is always available to view / change.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:27 AM
  • HI Paul,

It doesn't actually let me change it back to the Project Manager before i Publish it. 

It automatically makes it me, once i hit the publish button. 

Is this something that has been set up in the back ground, that can be easily changed, or is it a user issue haha

thanks for the reply.

Jacqui

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:01 AM
  • Hello,

If you are the only person to have created tasks in the project plan then you will be the only user in the Status Manager list. If this is the case, the Project Manager will need to open the project after then set themselves to the Status Manager then publish.

Paul

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Jacquip03 -

What version of the PPM tool are you using?  Project Online?  Project Server 2016, 2013, or 2010?  If you are using Project Server, is the tool updated with the latest Service Packs and Cumulative Updates?  The reason I ask is because there was a bug associated with Project Server 2010 that caused the behavior you are seeing.  The bug was fixed in a Cumulative Update, however, and I am not aware of its presence in Project Online, or Project Server 2013 and 2016.  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:08 PM
  • Hi Dale,

We are using Enterprise Project Management Server 2013, however most of the data we are using was migrated from 2010 version. Would that make a difference?

We are trying to organised an upgrade to 2016 so if this will be resolved with that upgrade it would be great!

Thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards

Jacqui

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:24 AM
  • Hello,

The fact that the data was migrated from 2010 shouldn't make a difference as the server / client for 2013 have the fix - I have never experienced the issue Dale mentioned in 2013, 2016 or Online.

So once you have created / edited the plan - can the project owner go into the project plan then set themselves as the Status Manager for all tasks - does that work?

Paul

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:52 AM