Blend 2.5 keeps crashing RRS feed

• Question

• I have worked through some tutorials with Blend 2.5 without any issues.  I wanted to add a silverlight 2 application to an existing solution which is in source safe.  I was able to add it fine but once it was added and I tried to open either the solution of the silverlight project in blend 2.5 it crashed.  I tried multiple times opening each file but it always crashed and sent the error to MS.  Anyone know if there's any incompatibility between blend 2.5 and source safe?  I don't have the .net 3.5 beta framework installed so I don't know what else to do.  Thanks.

Friday, August 29, 2008 8:42 PM

Answers

• Hi gswartz,

Blend is TOTALLY incompatible with Visual SourceSafe, when working in a project team using VSS, you would need Visual Studio for checking in and checking out your stuff (else when you save Blend will tell you the file is read only or something), adding new User Controls, adding existing projects (your issue), and...almost everything.

Do any of these using Blend and you'll find the added stuff stored only in your local machine, and not referenced or recognised by VSS. I learned all of this the hard way.....

Hope this helps :)

-
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi gswartz,

Blend is TOTALLY incompatible with Visual SourceSafe, when working in a project team using VSS, you would need Visual Studio for checking in and checking out your stuff (else when you save Blend will tell you the file is read only or something), adding new User Controls, adding existing projects (your issue), and...almost everything.

Do any of these using Blend and you'll find the added stuff stored only in your local machine, and not referenced or recognised by VSS. I learned all of this the hard way.....

Hope this helps :)

-
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Thanks.  I kind of wondered if that might be the problem.  But, even when I check out the files through VS and try to open the project in Blend, it still crashes.  Does this mean that if I have a project that uses source safe I can't use blend with it?  Thanks.
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 4:35 PM