MS AJAX and Silverlight compatibility issues with Safari 5.1.7 RRS feed

• Question

• User1177026165 posted

Hi

I have a web based application that works weill in IE8, but when I try the same application in Safari 5.1.7 I noticed that some of the functionality isn't working. For instance, I have a button that updates a repeater control in an update panel, it will work once, but not the second time. Some other controls open a form through Silverlight 4, but in Safari, these forms are not opening.

My research is telling me that Silvierlight 4/5 does not work correctly in the latest form of Safari, and that this is also an issue for MS AJAX too for things such as Update panels? Is this true, and is there a fix?

I have tried the application is Google Chrome, and everything works! The issue is only with Apple's Safari!

Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:13 AM

Answers

• User465171450 posted

Silverlight is only supported on Mac OS running on Intel processors so that could be why it's not going to work properly. It may not hook into Safari releases properly as there are differences between the Windows and Mac versions of Safari.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:41 PM

All replies

• User465171450 posted

Which OS are you testing safari on?

MS Ajax shouldn't have trouble running in Safari, but have you checked to see if you are receiving any client errors that are being hidden? You can do this by enabling the developer tools and examining the console output

Also, server-side errors will be swallowed by the updatepanel normally so there may be something unexpected happening with the data when you post back to the server that is causing a server-side error that is never shown.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 12:35 PM
  • User1177026165 posted

The Operating System I am limited to, I am sorry to say is Windows XP. There aren't any errors coming back at all as far as I can see. However, I have tested on Chrome and everything is working spot on!!!

Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:38 PM
  • User465171450 posted

Silverlight is only supported on Mac OS running on Intel processors so that could be why it's not going to work properly. It may not hook into Safari releases properly as there are differences between the Windows and Mac versions of Safari.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:41 PM