Windows 8 Feedback Tool

Answers

• I finally figured it out. Here are the steps:

1. Go to msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions

2. Because of Live ID integration, if you're doing this on Windows 8 it will probably automatically log you into MSDN with the Live ID associated with the OS. If this Live ID is not the Live ID associated with your MSDN Subscription you'll need to click the Sign Out link at the top-right corner and log back in with your MSDN subscription ID.

3. In Subscriber Downloads, scroll down the list on the left until you find the section called 'Operating Systems'

4. In the 'Operating Systems' section choose 'Windows Developer Preview'

5. On the right-hand side look for the item titled 'Windows Developer Preview with Apps (x64) - DVD (English)' or 'Windows Developer Preview with Developer Tools and Apps (x64) - DVD (English) '

6. On either of the previously mentioned items, click on the 'Keys' link.

7. The 'Keys' are will expand and you will see the link to the Windows Connect site. You will also see a Product Key, which you may be prompted for when you visit the Connect site.

8. Once you follow the link to the Connect site, click on the 'Downloads' section on the left-hand side and you will see the 'Windows Send Feedback Tool'

ISV Architect Advisor, Microsoft
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:53 PM

All replies

• I can't find the Windows Feedback Tool on MSDN anywhere :/
    Contact me - djdanster123@hotmail.co.uk
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:53 PM
  • connect.microsoft.com
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Sorry, but connect.microsoft.com isn't helpful. There is a specific connect program that isn't apparently public that you must join in order to get the tool.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:09 PM
  • I finally figured it out. Here are the steps:

1. Go to msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions

2. Because of Live ID integration, if you're doing this on Windows 8 it will probably automatically log you into MSDN with the Live ID associated with the OS. If this Live ID is not the Live ID associated with your MSDN Subscription you'll need to click the Sign Out link at the top-right corner and log back in with your MSDN subscription ID.

3. In Subscriber Downloads, scroll down the list on the left until you find the section called 'Operating Systems'

4. In the 'Operating Systems' section choose 'Windows Developer Preview'

5. On the right-hand side look for the item titled 'Windows Developer Preview with Apps (x64) - DVD (English)' or 'Windows Developer Preview with Developer Tools and Apps (x64) - DVD (English) '

6. On either of the previously mentioned items, click on the 'Keys' link.

7. The 'Keys' are will expand and you will see the link to the Windows Connect site. You will also see a Product Key, which you may be prompted for when you visit the Connect site.

8. Once you follow the link to the Connect site, click on the 'Downloads' section on the left-hand side and you will see the 'Windows Send Feedback Tool'

ISV Architect Advisor, Microsoft
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:53 PM
  • Much appreciated! Thanks :D
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:19 PM
  • Feedback app don't keep my email and password when i tick "remember my password..."

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:45 PM
  • Hello,

I am a student willing to test Windows Developer Preview and contribute by giving feedback. Unfortunately I do not have MSDN subscription and therefore I do not have any access to the feedback tool. What can I do?

Thanks.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:32 PM
  • I "guess" I am lucky in that my MSDN Essentials subscription still hasn't run out (yet...) so Mr. Bienz's suggestion worked for me, but I don't understand why the windows feedback tool required me to re-authenticate by typing my password over again.  I was already logged into Windows Developer Preview when I submitted my feedback so I expected the feedback tool to understand that I was logged in just like the MSDN Forums and Connect site did when I visited them.  

BTW:

1. The ability of Windows Developer Preview to take my LiveId as my login and then apply that whenever I visit MSDN and Microsoft connect is wonderful.  It saves me from typing some rather obscure passwords over and over...
    2. The integrated spell check in IE10 of Windows Developer Preview is also wonderful.  I am a horrible speller and I very much appreciate this IE feature.  Thank You Microsoft!!! :-)

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Ucodia:

Try applying for this program and see if anything good comes your way:

https://www.microsoftstudentpartners.com

Best,

Shawn

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:40 AM
  • On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:32:55 +0000, Ucodia wrote:

I am a student willing to test Windows Developer Preview and contribute by giving feedback. Unfortunately I do not have MSDN subscription and therefore I do not have any access to the feedback tool. What can I do?

http://social.Msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/85d792b4-56f7-444a-9c59-00c013011e73#db1392ff-7cb2-45ac-9839-93d7e06e893a

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.  -- Pablo Picasso

Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:00 AM
  • On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:32:55 +0000, Ucodia wrote:

http://social.Msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/85d792b4-56f7-444a-9c59-00c013011e73#db1392ff-7cb2-45ac-9839-93d7e06e893a

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.  -- Pablo Picasso

Thank you. I am now able to send feedbacks :)
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:47 PM
  • Oh my - I searched for that connect invite on all download details and didn't expect that keys would hold that information.

Another (good?) example that some redundancy in how and where information is provided can be helpful to meet different ways of human's logical approaches ;-)

-- SvenC
    • Edited by EinmalIM Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:14 AM