none
Showing RtcWakeSupported = S-1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running powertest /info:powercap to rtcwakesupported status. But it is showing its value S-1.

Can any one help me in this.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Munish, this is Kory Ball with Microsoft.  I am the current owner of the pwrtest tool.

Pwrtest.exe /info:powercap shows the power capabilities of the system as reported by CallNtPowerInformation(SYSTEM_POWER_CAPABILITIES, ...).  When it says S1 for RTCWake that means the system's ACPI firmware reports that S1 is the deepest state it can wake from via RTC timer.  The system may not support anything deeper, or it might be a firmware bug (you could check for BIOS updates).  Please let me know if you have further questions about power testing or the pwrtest tool.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Munish, this is Kory Ball with Microsoft.  I am the current owner of the pwrtest tool.

Pwrtest.exe /info:powercap shows the power capabilities of the system as reported by CallNtPowerInformation(SYSTEM_POWER_CAPABILITIES, ...).  When it says S1 for RTCWake that means the system's ACPI firmware reports that S1 is the deepest state it can wake from via RTC timer.  The system may not support anything deeper, or it might be a firmware bug (you could check for BIOS updates).  Please let me know if you have further questions about power testing or the pwrtest tool.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:14 PM
  • Hi Kory,

I have a question which is related to PwrTest tool. I'm using it on Win8/Win8.1 platform, and the chipset is the Intel BayTrail-T for tablet. but, we always get fail message within the tool. error message are :

Error: system does not support S4 or RTC wake up {S-1} from S4!

File: pwrtest\exe\sleep.cpp

Lin: 1776

Error Code: 0xc0000001

May I know which one Acpi firmware table referenced by the tool? for more details, the waking system by either AC or DC no presenting on power option.

Note:   The system is Connected Standby support, but, it is support S4 and no S3

Terence Liu

Friday, July 3, 2015 8:59 AM