deploying metro app in a tablet

Question

• I have been trying to deploy my metro app from win8 machine to a tablet .

I am able to complete the whole process and tile of the app comes up on the start screen

but when I click on the tile the app just shows the splash-screen and exits.

The deployment worked no for one of my sample apps but it's not working even for some of the MSDN sample apps like the LockScreen Personalization.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Gaurav,

it sounds like the app is running but there is a crash occurring on start up?  Are you able to use remote debugging to the tablet e.g. right click on the project node in solution explorer, set target device to Remote Machine (managed projects), Debugger to launch (C++ projects), etc..?  The debugger will try to acquire a developer license on the tablet in a remote debugger scenario.  Does the app start up properly and run or do we see any exceptions?

If you suspect that it is a deployment issue, then could you check out event logs on the tablet, windows key + r, eventvwr, windows logs | Applications and Services Logs | Microsoft | Windows | AppXDeployment | Operational, AppxDeployment-Server.

You mentioned that this happens on MSDN sample apps but does it also happen with a new Metro app e.g. File | New Project | Visual C# | Windows Metro style | Blank App.

thanks!

mike

Monday, July 09, 2012 8:22 PM