What does this error mean? "D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::GetVideoProcessorFilterRange: The filter property 10 is not supported! [ STATE_GETTING ERROR #3145806: GETVIDEOPROCESSORFILTERRANGE_UNSUPPORTED]" RRS feed

• Question

• I have some errors when trying to play .wmv file using my video player, based on Media IMFMediaEngine API. Here they are:

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::GetVideoProcessorFilterRange: The filter property 10 is not supported! [ STATE_GETTING ERROR #3145806: GETVIDEOPROCESSORFILTERRANGE_UNSUPPORTED]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::GetVideoProcessorFilterRange: The filter property 20 is not supported! [ STATE_GETTING ERROR #3145806: GETVIDEOPROCESSORFILTERRANGE_UNSUPPORTED]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::GetVideoProcessorFilterRange: The filter property 40 is not supported! [ STATE_GETTING ERROR #3145806: GETVIDEOPROCESSORFILTERRANGE_UNSUPPORTED]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::GetVideoProcessorFilterRange: The filter property 80 is not supported! [ STATE_GETTING ERROR #3145806: GETVIDEOPROCESSORFILTERRANGE_UNSUPPORTED]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::VideoProcessorSetStreamRotation: Device does not support rotation! [ STATE_SETTING ERROR #3146033: VIDEOPROCESSORSETSTREAMROTATION_UNSUPPORTED]

Please, help me to understand what I am doing wrong? And what do these errors mean?

• Edited by hellobody Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:57 PM syntax error
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 2:10 PM

All replies

• Where are these errors coming from?  Generally I would expect a 32-bit HRESULT value for errors returned by media foundation or D3D.  Are these just text lines dumped into the debugger?  If so, you do not need to worry about them unless you are seeing actual problems in your app that might relate to these messages.
    Friday, November 2, 2012 9:32 PM
  • I'm getting these as well, when saving a video file rotated.  My app works for the most part, but some exported videos are crashing both my app and the Video app, plus show some pixellation in WMP.  I'm trying to figure out if there's something wrong with the file, or if it is a memory issue (I suspect the latter).

Thanks

Andrea

Andrea Mantler

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:30 PM
  • I believe this is a MSFT bug. When you call GetVideoProcessorFilterRange with D3D11_VIDEO_PROCESSOR_FILTER values which are supported, according to GetVideoProcessorCaps, this error is sent to the debug layer and the call fails with invalid args. Hopefully MSFT will FIX this in an upcoming release. It is impossible to fully test our driver's filter range caps. In fact MSFT made a comment in their testcentral sourcecode and referenced  MSFT bug #256861. These error messages are also generated when creating a video processor which is the more typical case. Please fix! Thanks.

David K McKinney

• Edited by DaveKMc Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:08 PM Fixed incorrect info
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:55 PM