none
Unable to download windows HCK on several machines RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Can you please assist, I am trying to download and install the windows HCK on a virtual 2008 R2 server and it fails with an error " Unable to verify the integrity of downloaded content"

I have tried on a Windows 7 machine, download option only but I get the same error.

"ERROR: Failed to verify the integrity of payload [patch_WindowsHardwareCertificationKitStudiox86_en_us] for Package patch_WindowsHardwareCertificationKitStudiox86_en_us"

This is what I picked up on the log file.

Is there any other way I can download this kit as I have been trying for days now and it is using my bandwidth alot, is there another location I can download from.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Luba

Luba Nontsele Lym Myl Technologies

Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:24 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thanks for your assistance but I tried a silent install (hcksetup.exe /q) and it worked, controller installed.

• Marked as answer by Luba Nontsele Friday, January 25, 2013 5:45 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 5:45 AM

All replies

• Can you try to download HCK from practical PC (not Virtual machine)?

Thanks, Steve

Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Hi Steve

I have tried it on my Windows 7 Pro machine and I selected the download option but it also fails, it looks like both machines get stuck when trying to download the following patch file:

ERROR: Failed to verify the integrity of payload [patch_WindowsHardwareCertificationKitStudiox86_en_us] for Package patch_WindowsHardwareCertificationKitStudiox86_en_us.

Thanks

Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:04 PM
  • I'm thinking of formatting the 2008 r2 virtual server and try again but it didn't work before, don't know if it will work now but I'll wait, maybe someone could know what is causing this issue.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:38 PM
  • Hi Again,

I have installed windows server 2008 r2 on a physical machine and tried to download the windows HCK, again I'm getting the same error " Failed to verify the integrity of downloaded content. Can someone plz assist.

I would upload the log file but the characters are way too much to fit here but I can email it to someone directly.

Regards

Luba

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:50 AM
  • Hi Nontsele, 

Try to download windows HCK from below link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-tw/windows/hardware/hh852359

And then copy all files that you downloaded to 2008 R2 server and install.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:17 AM
  • Hi Muta,

This is the same place I downloaded the hcksetup.exe (975Kb) but I tried again but still no luck, I get the same error still.

Anything else I can try?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:53 AM
  • is there nobody from Microsoft who can assist with this?

Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:13 AM
  • Or is there a place I can buy a DVD for this because I've lost patience now with this.

Friday, January 18, 2013 1:22 PM
  • Or is there any other place I could try for assistance because it feels like I'm asking at a wrong place.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:10 PM
  •  Hi,

I do have the same issue, try updating your system driver and OS via Windows update. It works for me but not without couple of clicking of the "retry" button.

Best of luck.

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:19 AM
  • Thanks Ming2, I no longer get the error but now the installation just freezes, I will let you know if I come right.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for your assistance but I tried a silent install (hcksetup.exe /q) and it worked, controller installed.

• Marked as answer by Luba Nontsele Friday, January 25, 2013 5:45 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 5:45 AM
  •   lovely, have fun.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 8:36 AM