none
Oracle.DataAccess redirect for WCF Oracle adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the WCF Oracle adapter to connect to Oracle in Biztalk 2010. By default, the Oracle adapter in Adapter Pack 2 and 3 uses the Oracle.DataAccess dll, version 2.111.7.0. Is it possible to tell the adapter to use the Oracle 10 client (Oracle.DataAccess, version 2.102.2.20)? Some functionality in my Biztalk solution is accessing an Oracle 8i database. Since Oracle 8i is not supported by the 11 client, I need the adapter to use an earlier version of the Oracle.DataAccess assembly. But at the same time, I need the support for composite operations which is not available in Adapter Pack 1.0.

What I tried so far is including an assemblyBinding section in the machine.configs (in 2.0 Framework, 2.0 Framework64, 4.0 Framework, 4.0 Framework64). Also, I added the same section to Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.config in C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack(x64)\bin.

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
       <assemblyIdentity name="Oracle.DataAccess" publicKeyToken="89b483f429c47342" culture="neutral" />
       <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.111.7.0" newVersion="2.102.4.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
       </assemblyBinding>

This doesn't seem to work. After I restart my host instances, the adapter still tries to load the 2.111.7.0 version of the Oracle.DataAccess assembly. How can I tell the adapter to load the Oracle 10 client dll?

Regards,

Nils

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:31 PM

Answers

• i vaugely remember this i had done in my past.

1) Browse to the Oracle.DataAccess.dll from GAC using windows explorer.  "C:\Windows\Assembly\GAC_MSIL\"

2) Open the folder "Oracle.DataAccess".

3) Open the corresponding version folder.

4) Update the config file "newVersion" section to point to the old version.

Thanks

SKGuru
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:40 PM