none
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden

Question

• Error message when attempting to access azure storage table, from powershell, azure storage explorer, Linqpad. This is a new problem. Previous access has been all ok for the last 12 months. Has something changed?
    Friday, November 6, 2015 2:02 PM

Answers

• Robin,

I can confirm that remarkably and inexplicably, the problem seems to be now resolved with no input from myself. This is somewhat disconcerting and my cloud service did suffer a 24hr outage, but I am happy ro report everything mow appears to be ok.

thanks

Steve

• Marked as answer by Grumpy Steve Friday, November 13, 2015 8:55 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Grumpy Steve,

It's most likely that something has changed.

Are you using a storage account name and key when accessing the table? Can you verify that the storage account key that you are using is valid for the storage account? You can see the keys in the portal at portal.azure.com.

If you're using a shared access signature URI, can you verify that it hasn't expired?

Thanks,
    Robin

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:32 PM
  • Hi Robin,
    I can confirm that I am using the same account name and key that I have always used and that these are still valid according to portal.azure.com. I also have a live cloud service running w/ the same credentials acct name/key which is still working but I am loathe to stop in case I break it without understanding where the problem is.
    Please help????
    Regards
    Stressed Steve
    Saturday, November 7, 2015 12:44 AM
  • Robin,

I can confirm that remarkably and inexplicably, the problem seems to be now resolved with no input from myself. This is somewhat disconcerting and my cloud service did suffer a 24hr outage, but I am happy ro report everything mow appears to be ok.

thanks

Steve

• Marked as answer by Grumpy Steve Friday, November 13, 2015 8:55 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:26 AM