none
TypeLoadException - and it's there!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I'm getting a TypeLoadException - but it's there. I don't think this is an interface issue because there is no interface involved.

The exception is:

System.TypeLoadException was unhandled
      Message=Método get_Datasource no tipo net.windward.api.csharp.AdoDataSourceImpl do módulo (assembly) WindwardReportsAPI, Version=11.1.24.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9159ad800b91f253 não tem uma implementação.
      Source=RunReportSQL
      TypeName=net.windward.api.csharp.AdoDataSourceImpl
      StackTrace:
           em RunReportSQL.RunReportSQL.Main(String[] args)
           em System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
           em System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
           em Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
           em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException: 

Top part translated to English:

Message = Method get_Datasource net.windward.api.csharp.AdoDataSourceImpl the type of module (assembly) WindwardReportsAPI, Version = 11.1.24.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 9159ad800b91f253 not have an implementation.

But this property does exist. We used the object viewer to view the methods from the reference so we know we're looking at the DLL in use:

This is all from one of our standard samples we ship with our program. Installing it on our tests systems works fine. We have no complaints from anywhere else. And this code has not changed for some time.

But on this one system, we get this error.

Any suggestions?

thanks - dave

Who will win The International Collegiate Programming Championships?

• Moved by Bob Shen Friday, August 17, 2012 7:41 AM (From:Visual C# Language)
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi David,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Based on the exception message, I believe this is related to the specific reference on this machine.

Is there the same .net framework version as your development environment?

Did you try to re-install the .net framework?

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Uninstall/reinstall of our code fixed this. So I don't know what it was - something burped in the install the first time.

Sometimes I hate software 

Who will win The International Collegiate Programming Championships?

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Friday, August 17, 2012 2:38 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 2:38 PM