none
Can not compile - Format field in System.data.services.client.dataservicecontext class not found RRS feed

• Question

•   I have an existing code which refers the class in the following link  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.services.client.dataservicecontext(v=vs.113).aspx

There is a line of code which access the "Format" field of the dataservicecontext class.

I am using VS 2012 on Win 8 64 bit. My Project setting is to build for any cpu and VS "About" shows .net Framework version 4.5.51641. I added reference to the Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.dll to compile the code.

Compilation fails as it can not find the "Format" field which is defined in the .net class mentioned in the link above.

Can someone please help to fix the issue ? Which version of Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.dll should be used 

Thanks

• Edited by MSTechT Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:19 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:19 AM

Answers

• Hi. Are you using the latest version of WCF Data Services Client? The Format property is not on older versions. You can install the latest version from nugget.
    • Marked as answer by MSTechT Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:35 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:31 AM

All replies

• Hi. Are you using the latest version of WCF Data Services Client? The Format property is not on older versions. You can install the latest version from nugget.
    • Marked as answer by MSTechT Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:35 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:31 AM
  • Thanks Jay. It fixes the problem. Big help indeed. I appreciate.
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:36 AM