How to create SPD Workflows? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to sharepoint designer and I am trying to use it to create a workflow. But I am constantly getting stuck on steps as I try it out. For example the last one is when I created a to-do item in a task step. I deleted this to-do item. But later I wanted to add the same to-do item, but Designer is telling me that the item already exists and that I need to choose another name.

How could I get help with issues like this? It is not easy to find in books or internet an answer to this type of question?

Thanks and regards,

Sandra

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 26, 2011 8:26 AM - help needed has no place in thread Titles. Leaves "workflows" which isn't enough of a title
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 26, 2011 8:26 AM There is a pre-SP 2010 Workflow forum. It is provided for all pre-SP 2010 workflow questions. Post them only here. (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Sandra,

In your example, when you create a to-do item, Designer adds a content type to your Tasks list. Even if you delete that action, the content type remains and will prevent you from adding another with the same name.

In regards to finding answers like these, the forums are a great place to ask these kinds of question and search for solutions. There's a good chance that someone else has experienced the same issue you have and there's probably a solution available.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, August 26, 2011 5:08 AM