none
CameraSpace table for Color camera? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a method to obtain the Camera space table for the Color camera? I can see the

GetDepthFrameToCameraSpaceTable GetDepthCameraIntrinsics methods but there seems to be nothing for the color camera. How can we get the color camera characteristics?

Sunday, November 9, 2014 10:49 PM

All replies

• Can you elaborate on what exactly you are trying to do? The table provides a depth frame pixel to a point in camera space.

We provide a Color camera data as part of the ColorFrame, FrameDescription and ColorCameraSettings. What in particular are you looking for?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:20 AM
  • This is related to the "Fusion Problem" post. I wanted to check if the Camera Intrinsics and Camera to Space tables of the Depth and color cameras are consistent.

Related to the intrinsics, I wanted to know what are the units of the "r" for the radial correction. I can calculate the table values at the center of the table (radial correction negligible) but I am way off when it is not negligible.

I suppose that the X value of the table is equal to:

X = xc / fx where xc is the corrected pixel value and fx the focal length in pixels.

xc = x*(1+k1*r^2 + k2*r^4 + k3*r^6) where k1, k2, k3 are the radial distortion 2nd, 4th, and 6th order coefficients and r is the radial value from the center from the intrinsics.

r = sqrt((x-cx)^2 + (y-cy)^2) where cx and cy are the principal points as per the intrinsics. r is in pixel values? If yes, the resulting correction is way off.

Please let me know what information I'm missing.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:51 PM
  • I have exactly the same question. What are the units of radial distortion coefficients?
    Monday, November 17, 2014 11:46 PM