none
ST Mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a sample for mapping an XML schema to an EDI Xml schema? How is the mapper suppose to count the segments for SE01?  I think I can use the iterator functiod and a script functiod for ST02 and SE02.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:09 PM

Answers

• OK I have the map working.  I have <ST><ST01>850</ST01><ST02>0001</ST02>  Leave the SE segement out of the map and the EDI assembler adds the SE segment.

Now I am trying to get a map that generates multiple EDI transactions to assemble correctly.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 11:18 PM
  • Mike, Note that by default for outbound messages, the party setting for ST02 is "Apply New ID". Hence the EDI assembler will simply override the ST02 value that you have specified in the EDI XML. While applying this new ID to ST02, assembler will also make sure that SE02 matches this value. Note that you can also edit this value in the party settings and Asselbler will autoincrement from that base value and apply the ID to subsequent Transaction Sets.

-Samit

Thursday, May 3, 2007 5:31 PM

All replies

• OK I have the map working.  I have <ST><ST01>850</ST01><ST02>0001</ST02>  Leave the SE segement out of the map and the EDI assembler adds the SE segment.

Now I am trying to get a map that generates multiple EDI transactions to assemble correctly.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 11:18 PM
  • how is the EDI assembler accounting for SE _02 feild to be the same as the ST_02 feild

what are using in the script function to populate the ST_02 feild so it does not duplicate

Thanks for any help

Thursday, May 3, 2007 2:38 PM
  • Mike, Note that by default for outbound messages, the party setting for ST02 is "Apply New ID". Hence the EDI assembler will simply override the ST02 value that you have specified in the EDI XML. While applying this new ID to ST02, assembler will also make sure that SE02 matches this value. Note that you can also edit this value in the party settings and Asselbler will autoincrement from that base value and apply the ID to subsequent Transaction Sets.

-Samit

Thursday, May 3, 2007 5:31 PM

-Samit

what we need to do to prevent ST02 from being overridden ?

I means we want those values that we have specified in the EDI XML.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:39 AM
  • This thread is very old and closed.

I recommend you open a new thread describing your exact situation.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:51 AM