need to change admin password inside Access DB but cannot connect to OLE server RRS feed

• Question

• User-291083441 posted

My company has just recived a client whose website is coded in ASP.NET. their previous website handler did not give them the password to the admin backend. So I looked up the Logins Table in the main Access DB and I need to change the password for the Admin user account to modify the website.

NOTE: I am not hacking anoter website, I am mearly attempting to change the admin password of a website I am ALLOWED to do so in.

Inside the table containing the User Accounts is a column labeled "loginPassword" and each cell within the column has "long binary data" entered. When I click on the password cells I get this error window:

"A Problem has occurred while MS Access was communicating with the OLE Server or ActiveX Control.

Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again in Microsoft Access."

First off, I am completely new to ASP.NET coding and have no idea what an OLE Server is and I believe I do not have an OLE server running on my laptop.

My main question is this; How am I able to change the administrator password through the Main MS Access DB?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:36 PM

All replies

• User-851967432 posted

Off the cuff...there's a way to start Access in safe mode...I think it's Ctrl+Open Access

That might help

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:14 PM
  • User-291083441 posted

how will going into safe mode reveal the password in the OLE Object?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:40 PM