HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer - J610a

Question

• Attempted to add a printer it has been searching for over 5mins and tried to install the driver it failed even in compatibility mode. I had to go to network turn on network discovery and sharing even then searching for a device was painfully slow and again no luck. The printer is setup for wireless printing. This worked flawlessly on two windows 7 computers. (32bit win8)

I can’t wait for the beta.  

Sunday, December 25, 2011 3:07 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately as the error messages says, the HP software only works with XP, Vista and Windows 7. 

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until HP release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

Have you tried installing the newest drivers? If not download them from the manufacturers website. If they don’t have Windows 8 drivers, look for the newest Windows 7 drivers. Some drivers might also be available using Windows Update.

You already tried the following, but I'll include it anyways:

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Sunday, December 25, 2011 5:00 PM
  • No luck I will just need to wait for HP it’s a newer and fairly common printer I’m sure there will be a driver.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:58 AM