none
printForm Component prints BLANK

Question

• Hello! 

i created a program and used PrintForm to print my windows form. i tried it before and it works perfectly. But now, i tried it again and its not working

whenever i print a document, it is just a blank page.

i tried to set the PrintAction property to PrintToPrint Preview so i can see if it is really a blanks paper BUT it only shows an EMPTY printpreview window, even the paper/page is missing.

(i dont know if this has something to do with my problem but... i tried to print REPORT using ReportViewer before i tried to use PrintForm again)

thanks

Thursday, December 03, 2015 3:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Christian Aguipo,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Which development language are you using? I will try to involve someone familiar with the language you are using to help you resolve this problem. 

In addition, please provide any code snippet to help us reproduce your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, December 04, 2015 6:10 AM
  • im using C#

i only use the printForm tool and my printAction is set to PrintToPreview. the code i use is "printForm1.Print();"

i tried it to other computer with Visual Studio 2012 and it works

Monday, December 07, 2015 2:10 AM
  • Hi Christian Aguipo,

As you said that it worked well in VS2012, if so, which VS version did you use? What is your windows Environment?

Like this download link here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19674

We know that the PrintForm Component allows you to easily print a Windows Form as a simple report. But it's been replaced by the Visual Basic Power Packs controls, so you would check that whether you setup the same VS2012 Environment as another machine.

If you use the Visual Basic Power Packs controls, like this document here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc488277(v=vs.140).aspx

At least, we could know that this add-in was not included in VS2015 now.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 6:32 AM