this request requires elevation RRS feed

• Question

• everytime I want to run as administrator I always get "this request requires elevation" and everytime I type the correct password with the correct administrator ID it always happen

what must I do?

Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:09 PM

All replies

• Are you using the Windows 8 developer preview? If I remember correctly, they switched from the Yes/No dialog to always showing the password dialog because there were too many people just clicking yes to shut it up. But from what you have written, this isn't a developer question. This forum is for people who are writing applications for Windows and want to know how to deal with programming security features.

I would suggest you find one of the Windows forums and ask there, or contact Microsoft product support.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 4:51 PM