Background color RRS feed

• Question

• User-1887695735 posted

Anybody know how to change the background color of the Club form?  I changed everything that I could find in the .CSS, and nothing changed.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:18 PM

All replies

• User1564875471 posted

Go to App_Themes folder , and change  the body styles insdide  clubsite.css  

this is what you will find for the body ,

body
    {
        font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Helvetica-Narrow, sans-serif;
        margin: 0px;
        background: #FED36B url(images/background_main.jpg) repeat-y center top;
        font-size: 0.7em;
    }

you can also set the body styles inline , in masterpage file

<body style=" background-color:#ccc; ">

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:37 PM
  • User-1887695735 posted

Thank you for the reply.  However, you must be looking at different version of the Club Starter Kit than I have.  I have the first one, not the Enhanced or the Codeplex version.  And, in the version that I have, you cannot get the color to change by changing the color code.  I was going to respond to my own question, today, because I have found the answer.  The background is made up of the images, not the color code.  So, I guess, you could delete the image part of the statement, or get an image that had the color that you wanted.  I do believe that the URL in this statement, is what causes the background to be what it is:  background: #FED36B url(images/background_main.jpg) repeat-y center top; You will find images for right, left, main, and maybe some others.  I am not sure why they did it that way, maybe someone can explain it for us.  I am not good with graphics, so not really sure how to correct the problem.  I think I will download some of the other starter kits and see if I can swap out some images.

Friday, June 13, 2008 8:38 AM
  • User1564875471 posted

background: #FED36B url(images/background_main.jpg) repeat-y center top;

yes , that sets the background image , which is a slice image that is repeated vertically ( y - axis ) , this is how they avoid using a large images , they just take a slice from the original image and inform the browser to stretched it using the repeat-x and repeat-y attributes ....

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background-repeat.asp

Friday, June 13, 2008 8:49 AM
  • User1837679455 posted

I've changed all the images in the image folder including. But i still can't get the left and right borders to change the color. What file should i be looking in? I've changed Main, LeftColumn, and RColumn. But the far sides are still popping up it's original yellow.

Also. Any ideas as far as the columns that have content. I got a light border that seems somewhat yellow, it seemed to help if i changed the width of the div, but any real help would better my understanding.  

Friday, September 5, 2008 1:29 PM
  • User1837679455 posted

All in the CSS file. My bad! LoL

Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:29 AM