locked
Compilation Issue... RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1854199953 posted

    Got a weird one for you folks...

    I have an ASP.Net website (2.0) and all was fine until just recently.  I tried to deploy the website (just by copying the files) but when I browsed to the site I got a compiler error on FirstRequestInit. so...

    I then added an installer to my solution (as it was working fine on my machine) so see if I could pre-compile and then deploy the compiled code.  This didn't work either.  Strange thing is that if I create a virtual folder in IIS on my dev machine and point it to the solution, it works, compiles exactly as I expected.  I then built the installer using the exact same files and deployed it to my own machine.  I now have two, apparently Identical websites, the only difference being the name of the virtual folder.  Problem is the compiled site throws the error below.  I have been trying to fix this for about a week now and I'm running out of patience.  I have tried deleting the dll's to force the compiler to rebuild everything but it didn't work.

     Anyone else got any ideas?

    Parser Error

    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Intranet.IntranetSite'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="IntranetSite.master.vb" Inherits="Intranet.IntranetSite" %>
    Line 2:  
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

    Source File: /IntranetSetup/IntranetSite.Master    Line: 1


    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

    Friday, February 1, 2008 9:32 AM

Answers

  • User-1854199953 posted

    Oh how stupid do I feel!

    Thought I would post the answer just in case it helps anyone else. 

    2 things I found wrong, the web deployment project copies the compiled assemblies to the root of the website rather than the bin.  This was why it didn't run on my machine.  In addition to this one of my dll's works with MSSQL2005 and it was pulling in the dll's for the methods within this class.  Because the webserver didn't have the server installed, it was throwing the exception even though the website would never call the method that required the dll's in question.

    Once I moved the dll's to the bin folder and deleted these unnecessary sql server dll's, the website worked as I expected.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2008 10:00 AM