VS2015C freezes with add-migration RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a simple EF7 WPF app with SQLite and when I try to do an initial migration VS freezes or hangs and occasionally VS will restart but without having done the migration but usually I have to kill VS. I have tried with VS in safemode, I have uninstalled add-ons, I have restarted the PC, I have made sure VS and windows is up-to-date. Does anyone have any other suggestions or can you point me in the direction of how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
    Nikki

Monday, January 4, 2016 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi MommyOf4Grlz,

I made a demo based on the following tutorial, visual studio enterprise 2015. vs did not encounter any problems in the whole demo. I recommend you use another machine to check if the issue persists.

http://ef.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting-started/uwp.html

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi MommyOf4Grlz,

Since this issue is related to the EF 7 WPF app, I help you move this case to the ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities forum for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:38 AM
  • Hi MommyOf4Grlz,

I made a demo based on the following tutorial, visual studio enterprise 2015. vs did not encounter any problems in the whole demo. I recommend you use another machine to check if the issue persists.

http://ef.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting-started/uwp.html

Best regards,

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:10 AM