Adding multiple Change request WITs to a Backlog RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to modify the backlog dashboard to add 3 different Change Request WITs? We want them in one place, but they need to be 3 different lists so they can be ranked by CR type. I have be able to add a Single CR, but it’s a child of a Requirement.  Can I make all three CRs independent of a Requirement and each of other?

We are using SerivceNow (SN) as a front-end ticketing system. If the CR that is file in SN requires development, then it will be transferred to TFS. We have 3 different types of CR's so the goal is to create 3 CR backlogs that all show up on the backlog page.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Pat Delaney

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Pat,

Thanks for posting here.

So the Change request is only one work item type and you want to this kind type of work item to show on backlogs?

If I misunderstand your question, please come back and explain your question with some screenshots?

Best regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sunday, November 26, 2017 4:57 AM
  • I would like to have 3 different change request WITs. Each would have it's own unique name.

Pat

Monday, November 27, 2017 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Refer to this article below to add work item types to backlogs or boards:

# Add bugs or other work item types to backlogs or boards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:31 AM