none
Android SDK Tools Fail?

Question

• Hi everyone.

I have been trying to update the Android tools in VS for weeks now, and every time they try to install it goes through the entire process and then notifies me that the install failed as the package wasn't downloaded and to check my internet connection.

I clearly have a connection to the internet, this is not the issue...  I have previously received this same error for the Windows 10 Tools as well.  Manually uninstalling the Windows 10 Tools, then running the installer works, but I have to do that each time.  I am unsure what I would manually uninstall for the Android SDK...

Has anyone else experienced this problem and / or have a suggestion for resolving it?  These updates should not be this hard each time...

Thanks for the help.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hi MLyons10,

>> I clearly have a connection to the internet, this is not the issue...  

Please make sure your internet connection is not very slowly. Since sometimes if the connection is too slowly, the installer will treat it is not connect to the internet.

>>I am unsure what I would manually uninstall for the Android SDK...

Please uninstall previous version of Android SDK from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Android SDK Tools and then install the newest version.

Then please check whether this problem is related to your computer environment. Please install all updates for your Windows 10 from Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update. If possible, please try on another computer to check whether this problem related to your environment.

Next, please try install the latest for your Visual Studio and if the problem still exist, please try reset/repair your Visual Studio to check whether it can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by MLyons10 Friday, April 8, 2016 5:22 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi MLyons10,

>> I clearly have a connection to the internet, this is not the issue...  

Please make sure your internet connection is not very slowly. Since sometimes if the connection is too slowly, the installer will treat it is not connect to the internet.

>>I am unsure what I would manually uninstall for the Android SDK...

Please uninstall previous version of Android SDK from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Android SDK Tools and then install the newest version.

Then please check whether this problem is related to your computer environment. Please install all updates for your Windows 10 from Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update. If possible, please try on another computer to check whether this problem related to your environment.

Next, please try install the latest for your Visual Studio and if the problem still exist, please try reset/repair your Visual Studio to check whether it can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by MLyons10 Friday, April 8, 2016 5:22 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Thank you very much for your response and help.

My internet is actually quite fast, which is why I knew that wasn't the issue.

Uninstalling the Android SDK Tools and then running the installer worked.  I really appreciate your help.  I do wish that Visual Studio's installer could be fixed so that I don't have to manually uninstall everything before performing an update, but at least I have a work around.  :)

Thank you again for your help.

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:22 PM