What is the difference between Microsoft Speech API Dsktop and Windows Runtime versions?

Question

• There is a text-to-speach funtionality on Windows Desktop and on Windows RT and Windows Phone. I want to know what is the difference of TTS APIs (SAPIs)?
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:41 PM

Answers

• Hi TIKSN,

Based on your description, it seems that you want to know the difference of the TTS APIs among the Windows Desktop and Windows Store/Phone app. If so in Windows Desktop it uses this System.Speech.Synthesis APIs to implement the text-to-speech function. But in Windows Phone Runtime and Windows Store 8.1, it uses the Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis APIs to implement the text-to-speech function.

For the difference between the "Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis" and "System.Speech.Synthesis", please try to check the reply which posted by @Rob Caplan - MSFT in here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25710852/what-are-the-different-between-windows-media-speechsynthesis-and-system-speec .

If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by TIKSN Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:53 AM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:23 AM