none
LogonPagePublicPrivateSelectionEnabled property is missing in Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use logonpagepublicprivateselectionenabled property of class ADOwaVirtualDirectory in my C# project.  I have manually enabled the property, i.e. set it to true, through Exchange Manager console. Now when I check its value in my C# project, I am still getting its value as false. 

Through another ticket, I understood the following:

In the MSDN article, it shows the ADOwaVirtualDirectory class has the LogonPagePublicPrivateSelectionEnabled property.

When added reference of Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.dll, there is no LogonPagePublicPrivateSelectionEnabled property in the code.

suspect this as the issue. How can this property be added to the dll?

Thanks in Advance

-Sumit

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:11 AM

All replies

• While investigating at my end I found that When added reference of Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.dll, there is LogonPagePublicPrivateSelectionEnabled property present in the code.

Please suggest how to get its value as true when I have manually enabled the property, i.e. set it to true, through Exchange Manager console ??

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:58 AM
  • You need to post the code your using as it sounds like your trying to do something in a unsupported way that most probably won't work. The support way of setting that property would be to use the Exchange Management Shell cmdlets through your managed code https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff326159(v=exchg.140).aspx via Remove powershell eg https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123515(v=exchg.160).aspx provides the functionally and that cmdlet can be invoked from Managed code.

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Hi Glen,

My code is:

public bool? LogonPagePublicPrivateSelectionEnabled { get; set; }
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                ADOwaVirtualDirectory instance = new ADOwaVirtualDirectory();
                bool? value;
                value = instance.LogonPagePublicPrivateSelectionEnabled;

Console.ReadLine();
            }

No matter what the value of property logonpagepublicprivateselectionenabled is, the code always return its value as true.

Please suggest me how to get the value of this property??

Thanks

-Sumit

Friday, July 14, 2017 7:47 AM
  • My suggestion is that if you want something that works and will be supported that you use Remote PowerShell and the set the value using Set-OwaVirtualDirectory https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123515(v=exchg.160).aspx . I'm pretty sure what your trying to do with those classes isn't supported and even if you made it work somehow because of the lack of support would be something that would mean you code would break when updates are applied etc or may have other side affects.
    Monday, July 17, 2017 2:23 AM