Windows.Devices.Bluetooth for Windows 8.1: Any Good Books?

General discussion

• As I'm sure many of you know, the Windows 8.1 update made some major improvements relating to Bluetooth support, including the Windows.Devices.Bluetooth namespace & classes. Being new to writing code that communicates with external devices, I am new not only to Bluetooth, but external hardware communication overall. Even though Microsoft has great documentation for the classes, as well as several examples, it's hard to learn a whole new area of programming without more than class documentation and examples. Because Windows 8.1 was only recently released, I don't expect there to be many books yet that are updated for writing code for Windows 8.1's Bluetooth capabilities, but does anybody know of any good ones that are expected in the near future? I would love to know if anybody knows of any good books for learning to program Bluetooth using .Net. Or, until any good books have been published, does anybody know of any good sites for learning it online? I have been writing .NET code and apps for a long time, but hardware & device communication is a whole new area for me.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:14 PM