none
PivotTable.PreserverFormatting not working if I use UpgradeOnRefresh RRS feed

• Question

• My formatting use to stick even on PivotCache Refresh when the PivotTable Version was default i.e. PivotTableVersion2000.

But now when I use UpgradeOnRefresh my version changes to PivotTable2010 but I am facing a problem after that, my Formatting (Pivot table cell interior colors) are changing somehow when I refresh the PivotTable.

Would appreciate any help.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi vickyGeorge,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:26 AM
  • Hi vickyGeorge,

What’s the version of your Office? Do you use excel 2010? Please provide the detail steps that reproduce that issue. It seems that I can't set the UpgradeOnRefresh to true.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 12, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Starain,

I am using Excel 2010.

I am facing this problem not just for UpgradeOnRefresh but for a normal Pivottable as well.

If I Select some range in a pivottable and apply some formatting (Set the interior color) then On Refresh the formatting doesnt Stick some of the cells change to white (i.e. the default color).

Regards,

Kapil

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Hi Kapil,

Do you change the source range data? Which field(s) data that you changed? Please provide the detail steps to reproduce that issue.

Based on my test, if I don’t change row field(s) data, the format persist.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:36 AM
  • Starain,

Let me explain you what I am doing.

I am creating the pivottable through code (C#) using the PivotTableWizard and this wizard by default creates xlPivotable2000 Pivot table.

But due to limit constraints in version 2000 of Pivottable I am planning to upgrade to 2010 Pivottable.

Now in my code I have added the below statement this statement as you may now upgrades the Pivottable to the latest version when the PivotCache is refrehed the first time.

pivotcache.UpgradeOnRefresh

But adding this line is causing issues with my formatting, my formatting doesn't persist on cache refresh the internal coloring of the cells in my Pivot goes off on refresh.

Things work absolutely fine if the version is 2000.

Regards,

Kapil

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:38 AM