export option RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i need to limit options in export to . how to achieve this? i need to remove some options like XML, MHTML, Word...

thanks.

Monday, February 6, 2012 6:31 AM

Answers

• Dear, 

It is a server level option, any changes is reflected to all the reports published in the server. i am also like if MS provides a facility to configure in a report level or folder level option to control the export options. but un-fortunatly upto the current version this option is not available.

if you are using report viewer control in other programming interfaces like ASP.net / winforms you can manage this functionality by disable export option in the viewer and write code for to override this functionality. 

regards 

Ranganadh Kodali 

Ranganadh Kodali MCTS SQL Server
    Monday, February 6, 2012 9:55 AM

All replies

• Dear Sudeep, 

check the fallowing links,

for reading

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/sqlreportingservices/thread/451f39bc-1ebf-4f55-9b38-0bca919ad3af

for implementing 

http://www.sqlserver-training.com/how-to-disablerestrict-ssrs-export-format/-

regards 

Ranganadh Kodali

Monday, February 6, 2012 6:46 AM
  • thanks ranganadh.

But if i do this, it will reflect  for all the reports and for all the projects.

can i do this project specfic?

thanks in advance.

Monday, February 6, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Dear, 

It is a server level option, any changes is reflected to all the reports published in the server. i am also like if MS provides a facility to configure in a report level or folder level option to control the export options. but un-fortunatly upto the current version this option is not available.

if you are using report viewer control in other programming interfaces like ASP.net / winforms you can manage this functionality by disable export option in the viewer and write code for to override this functionality. 

regards 

Ranganadh Kodali 

Monday, February 6, 2012 9:55 AM