none
Project 2007 / 2010 Add in RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all! im developing a addin for project 2007 / 2010 and im having some trouble figuring out how can i list the available custom fields and the values of the correspondents lookup tables... i would like to recriate the custom fields section of the "Project Info" form... can anyone tell me how to obtain the custom field names via VSTO??? btw im using c#... but VB code is fine too!
    Monday, May 23, 2011 8:01 PM

Answers

• Hello all! im developing a addin for project 2007 / 2010 and im having some trouble figuring out how can i list the available custom fields and the values of the correspondents lookup tables... i would like to recriate the custom fields section of the "Project Info" form... can anyone tell me how to obtain the custom field names via VSTO??? btw im using c#... but VB code is fine too!

Hi,

What do you mean of custom field in Excel? The ranges that you define names? If so, you can retrieve them via Workbook.Names Property (Excel).Please check the following snippet code:

Excel.Range namedRange= name.RefersToRange;

//retrieve the data of nameRange here

MessageBox.Show(string.Format ("NameRange: {0} refers to {1}", name.Name,name.RefersTo ));

If the above is not what you want, please feel free to let me and describe your target in more details.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:10 AM