Where does Azure Digital Twins API store blobs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've started playing around with Digital Twins API, but don't see any Storage Accounts associated with the Digital Twin deployment. Is it hidden because it's still in "Preview"? Will there be a way to control where blobs are stored? (e.g. different Spaces may have different data sovereignty requirements).

Thanks,

Simon

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:49 AM

Answers

• Hello Simon,

Please find the below answers to your specific questions.

1. Yes, you can submit the feedback/feature request on the UserVoice forum. All the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

2. Currently there are no updates regarding GA. I would suggest you, subscribe to Azure Updates notifications for more information related to Azure services.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if you need further help.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Simon,

AFAIK, there is no direct access to the resources through portal created as part of your Digital Twins resource spinup.

Resources are attached to a space. Such as an IoT Hub used by objects in the space’s hierarchy.

You can check the resources attached to the Digital Twins by using Azure Digital Twins Management API’s.

Azure Digital Twins supports attaching blobs to devices, spaces, and users.

Blobs are attached to objects (such as spaces, devices, sensors and users). They are the equivalent of files (for example: pictures) with a mime type (ex: image/jpeg) and metadata (name, description, type, etc.). Multipart requests are used to upload blobs

I would suggest you, go through the documentation Add blobs to objects in Azure Digital Twins for more details and let us know if you have further queries.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:53 AM
  • Hi Ashok,

Thank you for your answer. I couple simple follow up questions:

1. What's the best method to submit feedback/feature request to the Digital Twin team? Is it just on https://feedback.azure.com/forums/916621-azure-digital-twins forum?

2. Is there any announced plans on when Digital Twin is planned to become GA?

Thanks,

Simon

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 1:56 PM
  • Hello Simon,

Please find the below answers to your specific questions.

1. Yes, you can submit the feedback/feature request on the UserVoice forum. All the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

2. Currently there are no updates regarding GA. I would suggest you, subscribe to Azure Updates notifications for more information related to Azure services.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if you need further help.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:00 PM