New to embedded RRS feed

• Question

• I'll prefix with this: I've never been exposed to Windows Embedded... So, I picked up an eval of a Wyse C90LEW to evaluate for a project. The basic idea of the project is to display a calendar on each floor of one of our campus locations. The calendar itself is produced on a SharePoint 2007 farm and this particular one is anonymous in viewing. I want a device to startup, launch IE with a set (or even home) URL and go into full screen mode. On other Windows XP based machines we do something similar with GPO's from AD, is there some way to do something similar with Windows Embedded?
    Monday, May 3, 2010 10:52 PM

Answers

• I ended up disabling the write based filter and setting all the necessary options in the registry. Run IE in kiosk mode at startup with the home page set to the URL of the calendar. Re-enable write filter and off it goes. The only other thing was to create a transparent mouse cursor and use that so it didn't appear on the screen.
    • Marked as answer by Darren Young Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:02 PM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:02 PM

All replies

• With the WYSE system, you are getting a pre-built image created by WYSE. The WE tools will allow you to build your own custom image.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:49 AM
  • I ended up disabling the write based filter and setting all the necessary options in the registry. Run IE in kiosk mode at startup with the home page set to the URL of the calendar. Re-enable write filter and off it goes. The only other thing was to create a transparent mouse cursor and use that so it didn't appear on the screen.
    • Marked as answer by Darren Young Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:02 PM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:02 PM