none
Can't upload files that contain "/" in the name

Question

• I'm having issues uploading any file with "/" in the name. I thought it just converts the "/" to a ":", but it's rejecting it for some reason. The uploads do work, however, for any file that's has a normal name without special characters. The error message is implying its a connectivity issue, which is throwing me off.

The error message I am receiving is "Connectivity error: Failed to connect to the remote endpoint. This may have been caused by client or server side firewall configurations, network connectivity problems, or other transport level errors."

Any help with understanding what's going on would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by dchoong Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you upload a file, its name is used to make a connection string. Hence its failing with a connectivity error. You will have to rename the file either before uploading or use Azure Data Factory 2 to copy files and add a u-sql script to pre-process the files.

To learn more about u-sql transformations in Azure Data Factory V2, please follow this :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/transform-data-using-data-lake-analytics

MSDN

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:49 AM