1 user complained that my app will not start past the loading screen, what would cause this? RRS feed

• Question

• 1 user complained that my app will not start past the loading screen, what would cause this?  This user said that it sits on the loading screen and that's it. 

They said it on a Window 8.1 HP Elitebook.  I told them to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

My app access direct2d 1 pixel wide image to see if it supports DirectX 11, accesses the windows store and initializes MarkedUp analytics in the app OnLaunched function.  Any ideas of why this is happening?

SB Software Developer

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Answers

• I'm feeling this is related to the customer's graphics driver.   Please advise the customer to upgrade to the latest graphics driver available for his machine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:05 PM

All replies

• If you can get a crash dump, that would be able to help us to figure out the problem.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Well in the last month since my app was released I only have one crash dump that happened 14 times. It seems to be related to the problem though.  Unfortunately my code is obfuscated or something else is not letting me see the lines in the code it's stopping on. but here is the title of the crash dump:

APPLICATION_HANG_ACTIVATION_cffffffff_(myappsid)

os_performance_missed_activation_event

SB Software Developer

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:37 PM
  • Can you post a link to the dump?

Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:56 PM
  • Is that safe? What's in a dump?

SB Software Developer

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:15 PM
  • The callstack needed to troubleshoot the problem. 

Friday, January 24, 2014 1:07 PM
  • Here is a link to the dump:

http://sdrv.ms/1ge3QQW

SB Software Developer

Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:47 AM
  • I'm feeling this is related to the customer's graphics driver.   Please advise the customer to upgrade to the latest graphics driver available for his machine.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:05 PM