none
HELP WITH .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having difficulty getting .net framework 2.0 to work properly on my computer.  I suspect it may be corrupted.  The problem started when I was having problems with Internet Explorer crashing on my XP (Media Center Edition).  This caused me to perform a system restore.  When I did this, the IE problem seemed to go away, but my .net framework 2.0 seemed to have become corrupted.  As such, I cannot install, uninstall or repair the software through the options on the Windows installer.  When I try, I get the following message:

An Error Occured During Set-up:

Patch Package could not be opened.  Verify tha ththe patch package exists and the you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

The dotnetfx.exe file I used was downloaded from Microsoft Support.  The support page showed me an option as to how to repair a .net framework 2.0 installation, but I couldn't find any way to make the command line work.  I know this isn't exactly the right forum for this question, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 10:00 PM

Answers

All replies