none
Source Control toolbar buttons disabled for Git (VS 2017 RC)

Question

• When I display the Source Control toolbar in Visual Studio 2017 RC, all of the buttons are disabled. I have the source control set to Git in Tools/Options, and the History and Blame work if I invoke them by right-clicking on a source file. How can I get the toolbar buttons enabled?

Friday, March 03, 2017 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi T Scherer,

This forum discusses and asks questions about extending and integrating with Visual Studio, Since your issue is more related to visual studio general, we'll move it to vs general forum for suitable support.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 06, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Hi T Scherer,

According to your description, VS2017 RTM has been released, I suggest you could update your VS2017RC to VS2017 RTM.

Open VS2017 installer-> update

To see whether has the same issue.

And please make use you have installed git components, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Hi friend,

If my reply help you resolved your issue, would you please mark it as answer, if not, please feel free to let me know. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

I've installed the release version of Visual Studio and the Git for Windows component, but the toolbar is still disabled. I also noticed that the toolbar buttons don't use Git terminology; for example, there's no "commit", "fetch", "rebase", etc. Is the Source Control toolbar intended to be used with Git?

• Edited by T Scherer Monday, March 27, 2017 5:15 AM
    Monday, March 27, 2017 5:14 AM
  • Hi T Scherer,

Yes, I can repro the issue, Source Control toolbar buttons were disabled for GIT.

but Open VS2017 -> view -> Toolbars -> select another option "source control –team foundation", and  the buttons in this toolbar are enabled just in TFVC. Actually this issue has been reported to the product team here before:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/992/source-control-toolbar-is-disabled.html

But if possible, I suggest report a new feedback to the product team though the Help->send feedback in VS2017.

PS: you can confirm with visual studio product team if the source control toolbar only used for TFVC version control system or it’s also used for Git version control system.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:43 AM