Multilingual toolkit - restore file association

Question

• I opened an XLF file in WordPad to see what actual was in the file and now WordPad is the default association for this extension.

What is the correct file association to be able to restore the default setting so I can continue using the multilingual toolkit within Visual Studio?

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:46 PM

Answers

• If you right click on the XLF file in Explorer and select "Open with..." it should prompt you with the apps which can open that file type.

You should be able to reset it more directly by uninstalling the Multilingualand then reinstalling it so.

--Rob

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:02 AM

All replies

• If you right click on the XLF file in Explorer and select "Open with..." it should prompt you with the apps which can open that file type.

You should be able to reset it more directly by uninstalling the Multilingualand then reinstalling it so.

--Rob

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:02 AM
  • Thank you. ;-)

Reinstalling? That is what I ended up doing. When I tried it, Multilingual was not one of the choices.

I like the Toolkit, but there are issues. Last night, I figured out that resources had to be in a Resource folder, otherwise it will not install. The email for translation opens BEHIND Visual Studio. The link in the email for translation talks about VS, something most translators do not care about. There does not appear to be a way of selecting a group of strings to translate (When you want to handle the new strings that have been added)

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:22 AM