none
Importance of IT Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Certifications are globally accepted means of establishing as well as assessing the essential set of credentials required for a job. They are hard evidence that you are competent enough to perform the tasks assigned (or could be assigned in future) to you. At the same time, they provide the management with an internationally accepted benchmark against which both current and prospective employees can be assessed.

And it’s no different in the IT industry. Getting certified in relevant IT technology can help enhance your career prospects (greater remuneration, more challenging job profiles, promotions, etc.), gain more respect, and increase job security. The importance that companies attach to certification has increased so much that in some cases companies are specifically asking for certified people. The reason for this is twofold. First, certifications are becoming industry standards vis-à-vis skill assessment. Second, certifications are objective measurements of skills and hence easy to use when it comes to comparing and contrasting the talent pool. In some cases it becomes the critical distinguishing factor when candidates have similar skill sets and experience.
    more certifiation,visit http://www.testpassport.com

Friday, November 28, 2008 2:52 AM

All replies

• Nice article about Certification By Sarah Reedy

Certification programs outline next-generation skills

Certification programs stress the need of expanding skill sets to remain relevant in a changing industry

While service providers will always have to understand the industry staples such as quality of service, virtual private networks and 802.11 wireless, essentially no other skill set is as predictable as it once was, according to Dr. James Stranger, chief certification architect at Convergence Technologies Professional (CTP). An individual can specialize in wireless, but he or she must have a minimum working knowledge of information technology (IT), wireline, unified communications (UC), Internet protocol (IP) and the signaling protocol SIP.

Read full article here http://telephonyonline.com/wireless/news/certfication-programs-skills-0522/ 

Thank you
    Rubel Khan
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:29 PM
  • I agree wholeheartedly!! Certifications are important. I prefer formal training and I have found that training providers are like good mechanics. When you find one, make sure you hold on to him.

A few months ago at a Windows launch event, I visited a booth for CED Solutions, http://www.cedsolutions.com/. They appeared to have their act together. We had just completed a number of disappointing  training courses with another training provider and were looking for a provider to provide good training at a reasonable price. I was impressed by their presentation and with the results of my research about their services. We decided to give them a try and we puchased all of our Microsoft training for 2010 from them. So far we have been very impressed with their services. The instructors are top notch. They are very knowledge and strike a good balance between prepping you for the exam and providing the deep knowledge we were looking for. They are not an exam mill. They offer classes in a boot-camp format and the traditional format that Microsoft Training Centers have been using for the longest time.

For years I have thought about getting my Microsoft Certification, but never really did anything about it. I attended their 8 day boot-camp last month and left with my MCITP: Server 2008 Administration. I highly recommend them for use by individuals as well as IT departments looking to not only stretch their training dollars, but to also get the best training available for the price.

Friday, July 23, 2010 1:49 AM